Low Fodmap Chicken Dhansak Korma
Time to make: 25-30 minutes
Servings: 2/3 portions
A Low Fodmap and Gluten Free Chicken Dhansak Korma Curry. It is a fusion of Dhansak and Korma flavour, made with coconut and chickpeas. Giving a rich, nutty flavour and a creamy texture. It is mildly spiced with a hint of tangy tamarind. Anila’s Dhansak Korma Stir in Sauce was used in this recipe to create this fantastic curry in minutes!
This recipe was created by Anni's Foodie Bliss which can be found on Instagram @_annipetitecook!
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Butter/Ghee
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom Pods, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Infused Oil
- 4cm piece of Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- Potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 450g Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1x Anila’s Dhansak Korma Stir in Sauce Jar
- 3 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Handful Fresh Coriander, to garnish
- 1 tsp. Flaked Almonds, to garnish
- Basmati Rice, cooked to pack instructions, to serve
1) Boil potatoes for around 10mins. Once done, drain and set aside.
2) Cut each chicken thigh or breast into small chunks and season with ground black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken over medium heat for around 6 mins. Transfer the chicken to a bowl/plate and set aside.
3) Add the remaining oil and butter/ghee in a large frying pan. Once hot, add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom and let it sizzle for around 30 seconds, allowing them to release the aromatic flavour. Then add garlic infused oil, ginger and red pepper, fry around 2-3 minutes.
4) Add boiled potatoes, cooked chicken, Anila’s Dhansak Korma Stir in Sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook over a low medium heat for around 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally so they don’t start to stick. Add splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
5) Stir in Greek yogurt and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste if it needs it.
6) Remove the pan from the heat, garnish the curry with flaked almonds and scatter with chopped fresh coriander. Serve with cooked basmati rice.