Low Fodmap Duck Massaman Curry
Time to make: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 2/3 portions
A aromatic and slightly sweet low FODMAP duck curry!
It is a mild, savoury, aromatic and slightly sweet Thai curry with a fragrant & spiced undertones of cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, cumin, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, coriander and chilli. The sauce is made with coconut cream which helps to create a rich, creamy and naturally sweet base.
This recipe was created using Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir in Sauce
This recipe was created by Anni's Foodie Bliss which can be found on Instagram @_annipetitecook!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1x Cinnamon stick
- 1x Star anise
- 2x Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp Garlic infused oil
- 2cm piece Fresh Ginger, peeled and cut into strips
- 1x Thai Red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red pepper, diced
- 30g Fine green Beans, halved
- 175g Duck Breast, sliced
- 1 Medium Potato, cut into chunks
- 1x Bays Kitchen Thai Massaman Curry stir in sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- Small handful roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Jasmine Rice, cooked to pack instructions, to serve
1) Season duck with salt and white pepper. Stir fry for around 2 minutes. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a large frying pan. Once hot, add cinnamon stick, star anise and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for a minute.
3) Add ginger, garlic infused oil and chillies, sauté for 1 minute.
4) Stir in red pepper and green beans fry for around 2-3 minutes.
5) Add in duck, stir well and fry for 1 minute.
6) Add potatoes, Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir in Sauce and ¼ cup of water. Cover and cook over a low medium heat for around 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally so they don’t start to stick. Add splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
7) Adjust the seasoning to taste if it needs it.
8) Remove the pan from the heat, garnish the curry with coriander, peanuts and lime. Serve with Jasmine rice.