Low Fodmap & Gluten Free Chicken Enchilada Pie
Time to make: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 4 portions
We love pie's here at Fodmap Foods! So we partnered up with Anni's Foodie Bliss which can be found at @_annipetitecook! To help us create a warm, comfort recipe which is easy to create in your own home!
This recipe is perfect for those on a low FODMAP diet, with all ingredients part of the diet including the Spicy Mexican Stir in Sauce by Bays Kitchen.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil (make sure it is made with vegetable oil/rapeseed oil/olive oil and no garlic pieces found in the oil jar)
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 Sweet pepper (1/2 red & 1/2 orange), chopped in small dices
- 4 spring onions (green parts only), roughly chopped
- 45g drained, canned black beans
- 200g Chicken breasts, diced in small chunks
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 jar Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican (low fodmap stir in sauce)
- 8 Gluten Free Tortilla Wraps
- Chopped fresh Coriander
- 1/2 squeezed Lime Juice
- Lactose free soured cream or (150ml LF cream, 50ml LF Greek yogurt, 1tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp dried chives and pinch sea salt)
- 35g grated Cheddar cheese
1) Place a pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Then, add spring onions (green parts only), red chilli and garlic infused oil onto the pan. Stir and cook for around 1 minute.
2) Add sweet peppers and black beans. Cook for around 2 minutes until the peppers has a slight crunch. Set aside onto a plate or bowl.
3) Add diced chicken onto the pan and cook for around 4-5 minutes until it is partially cooked.
4) Add the vegetables with the chicken. Add and stir in Bay’s Kitchen Spicy Mexican Stir in Sauce and dried oregano. Cook on low medium heat for around 3-4 minutes and make sure the pan is covered.
5) Add in a handful of chopped coriander, salt and pepper (as desired) and set the pan aside.
6) Heat the tortilla wraps on another pan on low medium heat for around 30 seconds on each side.
7) Grab a pie dish and add a spoonful of the chicken vegetable mixture onto the pie base. Add a thin layer of soured cream and add tortilla wrap on top of the soured cream. Repeat the layers. Make sure you finish the last layer with a thin layer of soured cream and grated cheddar cheese to cover.
8) Grill the pie until you see the top layer are bubbling, sizzling and cheese turns golden.
9) Once done, take the pie dish away from the grill. Serve with chopped coriander and squeezed lime.